Sunday, August 13, 2006

To You, My Comforter, My Friend, My God...

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up... To more than I can be

Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up



I sat in service today, and cried.
And I didn't stop crying. I couldn't.
As I waded in your love for me, my soul cried out
I can't be strong anymore..

But you held me in your arms
You comforted me
You raised me up
You wiped away all my tears

I always took you for granted
But you never stopped loving me
I walked away, and you let me go
but you were never far behind

The moment I fell
You were there to catch me
As I look into your eyes of love for me
I wonder, why did I ever let you go

You are my hero
You are my best friend
You are my king
You are my God

Don't ever let me go
Don't ever take your love away from me
I now know my true love
I now know it is you

No comments: