Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Mom...

Great, we're moving house. Why am I so upset about it? Cause I just came back home after a 5 year exile (due to a fight with my step-dad). Why are we moving? Cause my parents are getting a divorce. I love this house, even though I've spent so much of time away from it. It's big, and spacious, and a home I can really be proud of.

Do I really have a say about things? No, not really. But at least I can complain... right? *sigh* I know this whole divorce isn't the nicest thing to happen to my mom and the last thing she wants is to move too. I really don't know how she does it. All her life, she's been abused either physically or mentally. First by her dad, then her first husband (my real dad) and then by her second husband. Where does she find so much strength to continue living the way she does?

I actually admire her strength and zest for life. She admits that getting this divorce is going to be difficult for her, but she says she needs to get it anyway. Why? Cause her children can't go on living with a violent drunkard man. But in effect, she's losing someone she loves. She's losing her companion in her old age. But she's doing it cause enough is enough and cause she loves her children. Thats what I call selflessness.

I mean, anyone in their old age could just throw a tantrum (yes even at that age) and insist that want to end up being with that person simply because of a fear of growing old alone. But my mom, even at this age, insists that she wants whats best for her children.

I love you mom. You're the best.

1 comment:

roffe said...

Hey,I feel sorry for your mom.