Saturday, September 17, 2005

My Dil Goes Mmmm...

Watched Salaam Namaste yesterday. Listening to My Dil Goes Mmmm now. Such an emotional roller-coaster. The plot was a tad bit weak. The twists and turns? Predictable. Chemistry? Ok la. But oh, what a loveable movie. Uplifting at times, yet so sad at others. Realities of life? Absolutely! You have no idea how many times it went up, then down, then up, then down again. What I loved about it was how real it was. So many times in the movie I was led to moments in my past that connected to the movie. When the song My Dil Goes Mmmm (you can so tell that was my favourite song from the movie right?) I was led to remember all the good times I've had with you know who la ;P No! Not Raju!

At the end of the movie, everyone was humming along to the tunes of the songs in the movie. I was humming along as well and just felt like dancing in the middle of nowhere. It does that to you. It's so uplifting, makes you feel like you're in love again *sigh* I'm a romantic, so sue me! (I'll probably romance you out of that one too :P)

Ok ok, so you want to know what the movie is about rite? You can make your way down to http://www1.yashrajfilms.com/. Heh, ok la, I'll tell you k? Set in Melbourne, Nick (Saif Ali Khan) and Amber -pronounced as Umbar (The ever irresistible Preeti) are two singles who are happy living their lives as that. Nick is a Chef who is late for an interview with Amber who is a Radio DJ on the station 'Salaam Namaste' (I can hear the Ooos and Ahhhs people, keep it down >:( Amber gets angry and slams him on live radio. So he calls her up on live radio to tell her off, but it turns out to be a fighting match and radio world is delighted. However, they happen to meet at a friends party and they click while not knowing who each other really is. To cut the long story short, they end up finding out who each other is, then they fall in love (and out and then in and then out... you get the drift). I dun want to get into too much detail but the movie is super funny and highly enjoyable. The 3 hours passed by without me feeling the numbness in my butt. So it has to be good right? It is, so go watch and tell me I'm right.

Oh, and try not to dance in the middle of nowhere after the movie!

No comments: