Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Party

Ever wondered how when bad things come, they turn up in a package? I mean, how is it that when something bad comes, it brings it's friends along and you end up having a pretty bad party.

I was having one of those parties over the weekend. Actually, it started on Wednesday and it just snowballed till Sunday. But the party climaxed over the weekend and boy, all i wanted was the week-to-end!

Stange thing about these parties? Everyone around you is having them too. So you can't really give them a call to help you out. So you decide to look upwards and *tadah!* you suddenly have an avenue to vent your frustrations on. "It's all His fault that I'm in this mess." "Why did You let all this happen?" "Stop helping the people in Somalia, I need help right now!"

Suddenly, God enters the scene. Who lets Him enter? We do. And when do we do so? When the 'bad times gang' turns up to PAAAARTAY! "You screwed up Lord, how could you let these *points to the gang* happen to me?" God is at fault. He screwed up. He messed up. And now you've invited Him over, He's at the scene finally, the culprit is finally here. But He's not allowed in, He's just here for an interrogation.
[J]: Why did you allow this to happen?
[J]: Where were you when i needed you to help?
[J]: Answer me! Whats wrong with you? Aren't you supposed to be good?

You know, David himself interrogated God on a number of occasions.

My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?
Psalm 6:3

He too felt anguish.

I am worn out from groaning;
all night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.
Psalm 6:6

David knew anguish. David interrogated God. David let God into the party and God turned his situation around. Eh? What's that last bit? -Dun be lazy, it's in print, just read it again - In the same Psalm, David ends off with

8 Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.

9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.

10 All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
they will turn back in sudden disgrace.

David knew only God could change his situation. Only God could turn mistakes into masterpieces. And although he was in anguish, and he interrogated God, he also decided to trust in Him.

What happened to David? What became of him? David overcame all who came against him. He defeated all his enemies. David became the most successful King Israel ever had. He wrote in Psalm 23:6

Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

There was a new party in David's life. It was called 'The Goodness and Love' party. Timing? 'All the days of my life.' And it was held in the 'House of the Lord'. Chao people, I've got a party to go to.

No comments: