Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Love (Part 1)

I haven't really touched on very personal stuff as yet, but today, I somehow feel compelled to write about someone very close to my heart, and she knows who she is.

Hmmm, where do I even start with her? We met when she was 14 and me? 19. We met at a friend's party. A friend who BTW, liked me. So we went to her party and fell in love. I remember that day like it was a fairytale, like some bollywood movie. I was sitting across the hall with my friends and for some reason, she walked from across the other side of the hall to where I was to get some tidbits. I was smitten.

What was it about her that attracted me so much? I still wonder till today what is it about her that attracts me to her. I do have some answers, but not all of them.

We seem to have this way of communicating with each other without words. Is it cause we've been together for 4 years? Could be, but even from the start, we could do this. Sometimes, we can just not talk for a long while and just look at each other and understand exactly what we're thinking. Dun ever put us together for charades, you'll lose big time.

Ok, she just came online and comfirmed what I just said. And I didn't even tell her what I was typing! We can even read each other's minds through the internet!

The one thing I really love about her is when she acts cute with me when she wants her way. I guess every girl does that, but somehow, she's the only one that gets away with it with me. Sonya tries, and she gets away with anyone, but not with me. I'll just stare at her like stone and she'll get angry and say, "It's not fair, it only doesn't work with you"

Sometimes, I ask myself how things got the way they are now. In a way, I know He is in some way responsible for this. Not in a bad way. It happened for a reason. I'm a better person today because of what happened. And in a way, I kinda know how'll it'll end up. But the journey there sucks. It's like taking a 6 hour drive to Disneyland with 10 people in a 5 seater car. And the air-con just blew! It's extremely frustrating, nauseating, bothersome, worrysome and disgruntling. *sigh*

Where she wants to be right now and where I want to be seem to be clashing. For someone I know better than anyone else in this world, it's interesting that I just don't understand some of the things she does or sayz. And yet, there are times that I do. I don't blame her for wnating to be where she is right now. In fact, I'll even respect her decisions. But on my part, it gets confusing.

1 Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Confusion isn't the place where God wants me to be.
So I will hold my peace in Him. I will look not at the things of the world. I will stand firm in Him and His promises to me. I will get out of the driver's seat and let Him take over. And I will be with her, at the back, enjoying the ride.

And in no time, we'll be enjoying paradise...

No comments: