Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Tuahs!

Okay, I know I haven't been updating for a long long time and thats because my sis has been hogging the comp (doing schoolwork she sayz). But before I update on the events of my life the last few dayz, I have a very important statement to make. I hate, absolutely hate being tuahed!

Meaning of Tuah? According to the Jayster Dictionary, 2005 edition, Tuah "is the act of ditching someone at the last min (or last few hours) after making plans with them".

I'll take it one step further. Tuah involves making extensive plans, you getting excited about it and going all out to organize it and everyone making plans before that or after that and just tells you at the last min that they have something else to do!

I mean, if
1. You had something to do in the first place, why commit to make plans that clash?
2. You made plans AFTER we had agreed to make plans first, then you show ABSOLUTELY NO regard for our plans.
3. You let the relevant parties know at the very last min, you have NO respect for the other ppl involved.

The common reaction of someone when they're told that they've tuah others?
" I didn't really say yes to comming"
Read the key words in italics. Didn't really say yes?
'Yes' is an absolute word.
'No' is an absolute word.
'Maybe' is in the grey.
I mean would I go to lenghths to plan something because you said "maybe we should do this?"

The common reaction after they're labelled a tuaher (someone who tuahs lah)? Or being blasted for doing it?
" Okay let's do this, but I'm not confirmed yet. I already said first ah, I'm not confirmed coming yet"
So we're back to square one. Nothing is confirmed, cause everyone is scared to commit. So in the end, what we have is shoddy plans and everyone doesn't really have a good time cause all we do is stand around deciding where to go and not ending up anywhere fun.

In the words of Winnie the Pooh, " Oh bother..."

No comments: